Wednesday, February 3, 2010

189 days to Go

     There is a saying, "You know you are getting older when the music which your kids listen to sounds like noise."  Some of this noise is played so loudly that the speakers in the trunks of cars sound as though they are going to rip apart.  I realize no one asked my opinion  but doesn't anyone care about their hearing anymore?  When  I was young and able to go to concerts, I would come away with a whooshing noise in my ears.  Sometimes the white noise would last until the next day.  Did I care? Well, yes and no.  Yes, I can say that.  I knew that loud noises were not  good for hearing.  But when a friend invites you to a concert, you don't always have the luxury of saying no.
     I grew up in the fifties and sixties.  We could understand what was said when something was sung.  The music was loud but the enucciation was clear. Country music was clear back then and is still clear today.  I can't say that about any other kind of music.  Some singers place their mouth right against the mike as though they don't want any sound to escape. I don't understand Rap music and don't care for it.  Loud and foul is what I think of Rap music.  I'm sure I just have not heard the right artists but cussing  in a song is just plain wrong.
      When the noise which accompanies the "Singing" is composed of a dozen beats which are repeated over and over again, then it is time to find another station.  If these Rap singers are as great as they say they are, then let them put words to the '1812' overture.  And none of the words can relate to killing, stealing, abusing or should be any curse word which has ever been uttered.
     And the Rapper will stand and listen to great music which will be something he probably never heard before.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment