Monday, January 25, 2010

192 Days to Go

     In response to  my last blog I received several comments about peanut butter. Just to set the story straight, we eat the reduced fat peanut butter. I'm not 100 percent sure but I think that reducing the fat in any food has a tendency of lowering the taste.  And if the food is not as tasty, people like myself will not eat as much at one setting, however.  My theory is okay for peanut butter.  But when it comes to something like  a reduced fat triple chocolate cake with whipped double chocolate icing, I will have to reformulate  my theory.
     As my mother would say if she were still alive, there is always time for something chocolate.  She loved chocolate although  chocolate covered ants did make her wince a little.  I don't think I made this up because I do recall having them while I was growing up in Silver Spring, Maryland, and I was still living at home.  Chocolate could have been the original chicken soup.  Eating chocolate makes most anyone feel better. Researchers have recently discovered that chocolate could very well be another food group.
Want your blood to flow better, eat chocolate. There are traces of minerals which the body can only get from chocolate.  And if you need to lose weight, there is always the chocolate diet.
     But getting back to the idea of reducing fat in food.  When I was a meat eater, the fatter the meat was, the better it tasted.  Adding fat to almost anything will make it taste better.  I don't think that fat added energy drinks will be a big success!  Potatoes chips do not have the same taste without fat.  A triple deck hamburger with heaps of salad dressing and melted cheese with the special sauce always tastes better because it has lots  of fat.  Take away the fat and sales bottom out.  There are some coffee drinks which have a hint of coffee in them but do have more fat and calories than a human should get in a month!
     And you thought that sex was the big seller of products. Would car dealers sell more cars if instead of a cute looking woman in a nothing dress laying across the hood of a car, there was a sizzling 24 ounce steak on a metal plate slowing dripping fat onto the highly polished  finish of the eighty-thousand dollar car?
    All kidding aside, Americans eat too much fat in their diets.  We need to not only watch what we eat but realize that what goes in does deposit itself in our bodies.  Our stomachs and arteries seem to be the places that fat likes to hide in or on.
 
  
  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment